Please see below for the most updated changes to MMC Pediatrics as of May 15, 2020. These changes have been put in place to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 to patients, parents, staff and doctors.
- ONLY well-child visits (check-ups), will be scheduled in the morning.
- All visit types (both sick and well-child) will be available in the afternoon. We will continue to have separate well and sick patient waiting rooms.
- Only 2 MMC pediatricians will be rounding at St. Thomas Rutherford Hospital nursery each week. It is likely that you will not see your child’s pediatrician at the hospital but patients will be able to schedule follow up appointments with their pediatrician.
- It is encouraged to only have one parent/visitor per child at any visit. All nonessential visitors are encouraged to wait outside of the building or at home.
- When entering the clinic, staff and providers will be seen wearing a mask. We respectfully request all adults and children over the age of 2 to wear face coverings, as recommended by the CDC, https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover-faq.html
- We will check temperatures for all patients, caregivers and visitors that arrive for an appointment. This measure is put in place to protect patients, especially infants and children, being seen for well-child visits.
These changes will be in effect until further notice. Please understand this is a fluid situation and our team of physicians and administration is working tirelessly to protect our patients, staff, doctors and community.