Pain can be difficult to manage, as one plan is not right for all patients. Sometimes the treatment path for a patient can be as simple as activity modification with over the counter medications or as involved as using prescription medications, going to therapy or undergoing procedures. Generally, we will start with a conservative approach progressing as needed to more aggressive or invasive options. Your treatment plan will also depend on how you respond to various treatment options.
When it comes to treating pain, there are three levels to consider:
- Level 1 – Basic Pain Therapies
- The first level includes conservative treatment options.
- Level 2 – Mid-Level Pain Therapies
- The second level of treatment options includes more aggressive approaches.
- Level 3 – Advanced Pain Therapies
If it is not possible to achieve acceptable pain relief with basic or mid-level therapies, pain specialists will consider more advanced options.
Some pain treatment procedures we offer include:
- Interlaminar Epidural Injections
- Transforaminal Epidural Injections
- Medial Branch/Facet Joint Blocks
- Sacroiliac Joint Injections
- Radiofrequency Thermocoagulation (RFTC)
- Peripheral Nerve Blocks
- Intercostal Nerve Blocks
- Joint Viscosupplementation
- Botox for headaches, pain and spasticity
- Spinal Cord Stimulation